The Top Mistakes to Avoid in Personal Injury Claims in Oklahoma City
If you are filing a personal injury claim to recover your damages in Oklahoma, then it is best to take proactive action with respect to how you proceed. There are things that can supplement and strengthen your claim, and there are things that you can do which can hurt it. It is essential that the claim you file renders you the full amount of compensation you deserve, and doing everything you can to preserve your ability for full recovery is critical.
When you are injured in an accident in Oklahoma, you do not have to take on the claims process by yourself. The Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys at Putnam Law can provide guidance on the personal injury process, offer strategic legal advice, and can be by your side every step of the way while you work through your claim.
Most Common Errors to Avoid When Filing a Personal Injury Claim
When a negligent party’s careless actions are what causes your accident and your physical bodily harm, you may have the ability to take legal action and file a successful claim against them. To help you along, these tips should be considered to minimize the chances of making a mistake that can harm the strength of your claim.
- Not seeing a medical provider soon after an accident to be examined, obtain a diagnosis, and start on a treatment plan.
- Not following through with the doctor’s recommendations and treatment plan. In other words, if you are told to go to physical therapy or make follow-up appointments, it is best to listen to these instructions and do what you are told.
- Posting about your personal injury claim on social media.
- Not considering the full amount of damages suffered. It can be easy to just accept an insurance adjuster’s first settlement offer because it sounds like it is sufficient and it will help close your claim sooner. But, it is likely that the first offer is not their best and will not account for all of the losses suffered. If you accept a settlement too early and do not understand the true value of your claim, then the insurance company is not going to pay you anymore when you realize you accepted an insufficient settlement.
- Not speaking to an attorney because you think that you will be unable to pay for one. Legal services can be expensive in some cases, but when it comes to personal injury claims, personal injury attorneys practicing tort law tend to work on a contingency basis. So, they will only get paid if they are able to win your claim for you. This makes having an attorney on your side not only smart and strategic to get the most from your claim but also affordable for anyone.
Speak with an Attorney at Putnam Law Today
Do not think that there are no options available to you after an injury accident. You may be able to file a claim and recover the costs of your damages. An attorney will be able to discuss your injury accident experience with you and advise you on how to proceed.
To schedule a free consultation with an Oklahoma injury attorney at Putnam Law, please call (405) 849-9149 today.